S75617 Initial Set-Up and Mounting Instructions
1. Insert 2-AA batteries into your Outdoor Sensor.
2. Insert the 5 volt power cord into an outlet, then into your S75617. Optional: Insert 3-AA batteries for backup. Insert batteries into your 308-147.
3. Once the sensor is reading to both stations, place it outside in a shaded location to protect it from the sun’s heat. Allow up to 10 minutes for sensors to connect.
Mounting: Where do I Mount/Position My Sensor?
• Watch sensor mounting video: http://bit.ly/TH_SensorMounting
• Place your thermo-hygro sensor at least 6 feet off the ground.
• For accurate temperature readings your sensor needs to be shaded from the sun and in a well ventilated area. Trapped moisture will cause inaccurate readings.
• Mount your sensor vertically to allow moisture to drain out the bottom.
• Preferred location is on a north facing wall under an eave or deck rail.
• Avoid placing near a metal roof that will cause it to read high on sunny days.
• Avoid other sources of heat such as soffit vents, and window or door frames.
• For accurate humidity readings, avoid placement near vegetation and lakes or other bodies of water when possible.
• Maximum transmission distance from your thermos-hygro sensor to your station, in open air is 330 feet (100 meters).
• Insert the mounting screw through the front of the transmitter and into the wall. Tighten the screw to snug (do not over tighten).
Where Do I Place My Stations?
Your station is designed for flexible placement on a desk or countertop, or to position on the wall.
When the stand is closed, it provides wall mounting holes.
• Position within reach of an outlet that is always active. Some outlets in living rooms and in bedrooms may only be active when the light switch is on.
• Best reception occurs when only one wall is between your station and each sensor outside.
• Position you station six feet from other electronics and wireless devices. If you suspect RF (radio frequency) interference, simply move your weather station a few feet.