Does the clock have a backlight?
Yes, this alarm clock has a backlight.
• Press the SNOOZE/BACKLIGHT button to adjust the backlight 5 levels of intensity.
• Intensity Levels: 0FF | 1.5% | 20% | 50% | 100%.
If the LCD Backlight is not on:
Try this exercise in a dim room. The backlight will operate at five levels of intensity (including OFF) at your discretion when using the power cable. Press the SNOOZE/BACKLIGHT button a few times. Wait 15 seconds to see if backlight stays on.
This will assure it is not in OFF mode.
What is Auto Dim Backlight?
AUTO DIM allows you to set a time for your backlight to automatically dim to level 1, and then return to level 5 at a preset time. This is a handy feature to dim the backlight at the same time every night for sleep.
Set Auto Dim (Hour only).
1. Hold the SNOOZE/LIGHT button 2 seconds to enter dimmer set mode. AUTO DIM OFF will show.
2. Press the + or – buttons to turn dimmer (ON). AUTO DIM ON will show.
3. Press the SNOOZE/LIGHT button to select start time (Hour) for dimmer. START and the hour will flash.
4. Press the + or – buttons to change the hour for the dimmer to be low light level.
5. Press the SNOOZE/LIGHT button to select start time for dimmer to be on High light level. STOP and the hour will flash.
6. Press the + or – buttons to change the hour for the dimmer to be high light level.
7. Press the SNOOZE/LIGHT button to confirm exit.