T1 - Right Side of the watch when facing you
T2 - Left Side of the watch when facing you
- Lay the watch on a clean soft cloth to avoid scratches.
- Find the notch in the case at T2 (Left Side) Button Side. The notch should be between the 8 and 9 o’clock position on the back of the watch.
- Gently pry the back of the case off the watch.
NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT? Do not take the movement out of the case.
- Remove the battery carefully so you do not dislodge the battery holder
- Install a new CR1620 battery into the watch with the + side facing up.
- Re-install the back case on the watch. Make sure the map is at the top of the watch back. (You should see the antenna and part of the battery through the map).
- Press the back on firmly. The watch should read 1888 in the display window. Press and hold the T2 button until hands line up at 12 o'clock.
- Now wait for the signal to be received to set the watch. This can take up to 5 nights. Place your watch with the front or back facing Colorado until the signal is received.
NOTE: The watch will default to P for Pacific Time Zone.
- After the time has set to Pacific Time, if you are in the Pacific Time Zone press and release the T1 button to confirm.
If you are not in the Pacific Time Zone you will need to adjust the Time as follows:
- Press and hold the T2 button so that you see the Time Zone in the display. All US time zones will show a letter and the current hour.
• Eastern Time= E 09 for 9am.
• Central Time = C 09 for 9am.
• Mountain Time= M 09 for 9am.
• Pacific Time= P 09 for 9am.
- Press and release the T2 button to change Time Zones. The hands will move as you change Time Zones.
Time is Off by Hours / Watch did not change for DST
Check that your Time Zone is correct.
Press the T2 Button between the 9 and 10. The Time Zone will appear in the display. NOTE: all US Time Zones will have a letter and the Current Hour in the small display. Ex: P 06 Pacific, M 07 Mountain, C 08 Central, E 09 Eastern.
Press and release the T2 button to change.
NOTE: The hands will start moving immediately.
NOTE: If you live in Arizona set the watch to Pacific Time in the summer.
At night send the watch on a WWVB signal search - press and hold the T1 button until the hands begin to spin and you see 00 in the display. The hands should go to 12:00. Put the timepiece in a window facing Ft. Collins, Colorado or locate the timepiece near an outside wall and point the unit in this general direction. It may take up to five nights to receive a signal.
Minutes are Incorrect and Hours are Correct
- Check hand alignment:
Press and hold the T1 button between the 2 and 3 until the hands begin to spin. The hand should stop at 12:00. If the hands do not align at noon, press and hold the T2 button and 1888 will appear on the display. Press and hold the T2 button and the hands will spin. Once the hands are aligned exactly at noon, let go of the button.
- The WWVB search will begin in a few seconds and 00 will appear in the LCD. Put the watch in a window facing Ft. Collins, Colorado, and leave it for up to five nights to receive a signal and set.
NOTE: If the hands are not correctly aligned at 12:00 prior to receiving the signal, the watch will set to the wrong time.
- Check your battery if it has been over one year.
Watch Band Replacement
The band connects with a standard straight pin connection. A replacement band of the same or different style may be purchased where watchbands are sold. Be sure a replacement band fits snugly between the lugs that hold the pin.
The Display is Blank or Missing Segments or Numbers
Test the battery if it has been more than a year.