Low Battery Detection
When the low battery indicator appears on the display, it is recommended to replace the battery with a new CR2032 battery.
If the appearance of the low battery indicator is caused by using the La Crosse Technology XG-55 wrist watch under very cold conditions, the indicator will disappear once the watch returns to normal temperatures.
NOTE: The memory will be cleared when the battery is replaced.
CAUTION: Often the wires to the Barometer are broken during a battery change.
- Please perform the battery replacement very slowly and carefully.
- If you pull out the movement, it snaps the barometer wire, which cannot be repaired.
- You will need good, tiny tools for these steps:
1. Place the watch face down on a firm, but soft surface (to protect the screen - for example, a soft cloth on a table).
2. Unscrew the silver back plate and gently remove (save all screws).
3. There generally is a thin white back plate over the battery compartment; gently lift that thin plate out. This plate is not screwed in.
4. Carefully remove the clip over the battery. Use a tool to lift up the U to unsnap it, so it can be lifted up and over the battery. Open just enough that the battery can be removed.
Note: Do not lift the surrounding white movement with the clip. This will break the Barometer wire.
5. Use your fingers to make sure the white frame of the movement stays in the case.
6. Gently slide out the old battery.
7. Insert the new CR-2032 battery carefully. Sliding over the prong is the safest way to avoid bending or breaking it. The PLUS side must be up on the new battery.
8. Once the battery is in place, gently snap back the clip over the battery to lock it in place.
9. Replace the thin white cover over the battery compartment.
10. Screw the silver back plate back on.
11. Review Section 11.8 Compass Mode - "Calibrating the Compass" to re-calibrate the compass before use.