C85845 Station Factory Restart
The factory restart returns the weather station and outdoor sensor to an “out-of-the-box” default state and often resolves an issue.
1. Remove all power (batteries and AC) from outdoor sensor and weather station.
2. Press one of the buttons on the weather station at least 20 times to clear all memory.
3. Verify that the weather station is blank before proceeding (there may be lines painted on the screen that will show when there is no power).
4. Leave both units without power for 15 minutes (very important).
5. Insert the AC power cord into the wall outlet then into the weather station.
6. Insert fresh batteries into the outdoor sensor.
7. Press the TX button on the outdoor sensor to transmit RF signal.
8. Keep the outdoor sensor 5-10 feet from the weather station.
9. When RF connection is established, the temperature will appear on the station.
Allow the outdoor sensor and weather station to sit together for 15 minutes to establish a strong connection.
10. Do not press buttons for 15 minutes.
- For optimum 433MHz transmission, place the outdoor sensor no more than 330 feet (100 meters, open air) from the weather station.
- See the section on mounting and distance/resistance/interference for details on mounting the outdoor sensor.