- The design of this weather station is to use AC power (5-volt) as primary power source.
- When operating with the AC power cord, the backlight can be on continually.
- When operating on AC power, batteries are optional and are not required in the weather station.
- Replacement AC adapter: Look on the back of the clock for the appropriate AC adapter number. It is important to use the correct AC adapter on all electronic devices.
- The backlight will turn off or operate at high or low intensity at your discretion.
Many problems are resolved with fresh batteries of the appropriate voltage. Many items sent in under warranty work when tested with fresh batteries. Batteries manufactured this year will have an expiration date 10 years (or more) in the future. Battery technology has improved and batteries will maintain voltage longer in storage. However, the environment the batteries reside in for the 10 years can deplete
- Use Alkaline or Lithium batteries in the outdoor sensor.
- A minimum voltage of 1.48V for each battery is necessary for proper performance.
- Use batteries dated at least six years in advance of the current year. Batteries dated earlier than six years from now may still work, but may be unstable in performance.
- Good name brand batteries make less noise, which reduces the chance of RF (radio frequency) interference from the battery compartment.