V61 / C75716 Troubleshooting FAQs
Bar Code: What are the barcodes and ID numbers on my sensors on my station?
- Did you know that your sensors will “lock” into your station?
- This ensures that the sensor readings are from your sensor and not a neighbors’.
- When you press and release your SENSOR button you will see your Station ID, your Thermo-Hygro sensor ID, then your Wind Speed sensor ID.
Note: If you have Extra Sensors connected to you station you will also see these ID’s.
- The sensor ID on the station should match your first six numbers on the barcode of that sensor.
- These sensors will remain locked to your station until you manually delete them.
- The barcodes are also important identifiers for the La Crosse View™ app if you choose to connect.
Can I check the version number of my firmware and WiFi?
- From a normal display hold the EXTRA SENSOR & TEMP buttons together for 2 seconds to view the station Firmware Version for 3 seconds, followed by the WI-FI Module Version for 3 seconds.
- Press the LIGHT button at any time to exit.
How do I delete sensor ID numbers?
In the rare event you need to replace your sensor, you will first need to delete the old sensor ID from your station.
- Remove batteries from your old sensor.
- Press and release the SENSOR button to view your sensor ID number.
- While viewing your sensor ID, hold the (-) button for 5 seconds to delete your old sensor ID. Dashes will show for the ID number.
- Your station will automatically begin searching for the new sensor.
- Install batteries in your new sensor and allow up to three minutes for your new sensor readings and ID to appear on your station.
Factory Reset: How do I factory reset my station?
- A factory reset will delete all sensor ID numbers and if connected, remove all Wi-Fi connections.
- Basically, this is a great way to return your station to “out of the box” condition.
- This is more effective than removing all power for clearing out the station.
- All history records will be removed, so write down anything you want to keep.
To factory reset your station:
- Hold the RAIN and ALERTS buttons together for 5 seconds.
- When your station resets it will look for all sensors. Allow at least ten minutes to reacquire the sensors.
Note: If operating connected, you would need to reconnect to Wi-Fi from the app.