If you are seeing dashes in place of outdoor temperature, first check your sensor batteries. If the batteries test good, then:
• Hold the SENSOR button for 3 seconds to search for the sensor. Sensor Reception icon will flash while
searching and be solid when sensor signal is received.
• If you regain connection while the sensor is mounted, great. If you do not regain connection, bring the
sensor within 10 feet of the station and search again.
If the quick sensor search doesn't work, try a factory reset.
The factory restart returns the weather station and outdoor sensor to an “out-of-the-box” default state.
1. Remove all power (batteries and AC) from outdoor sensor and weather station.
2. Press one of the buttons on the weather station at least 20 times to clear all memory.
3. Verify that the weather station is blank before proceeding (there may be lines painted on the screen that will show when there is no power).
4. Leave both units without power for 15 minutes (very important).
5. Insert the AC power cord into the wall outlet then into the weather station.
6. Insert fresh batteries into the outdoor sensor.
7. Press the TX button on the outdoor sensor to transmit RF signal.
8. Keep the outdoor sensor 5-10 feet from the weather station.
9. When RF connection is established, the temperature will appear on the station.
Allow the outdoor sensor and weather station to sit together for 15 minutes to establish a strong connection.