We apologize for the issue you are having connecting your device to Wi-Fi. Below are alternative ways to connect your unit to Wi-Fi.
If your router has a WPS button, you may be able to connect the following way:
Perform a full factory reset on the unit by holding the two outer buttons on the display until it completely resets--> Firmly press and hold the WPS button on the router for 5 seconds then release--> On the indoor display, press and hold down both the SET and MINUS (-) buttons together for about 5 seconds. You should hear a beep and the display will enter WPS mode, allowing it to connect to your router automatically.
If successful, you should begin to notice updated Internet time, date, and weather forecast information as well as a solid Wi-Fi Indicator shortly after the display connects.
1. Make sure your phone/tablet is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
2. Open up the La Crosse View app
3. Push the 3 horizontal lines at the top of the screen and go to "Connect Wi-Fi."
4. Manually enter the device ID (case sensitive) using the ID provided here (6153CC-ZRZ) and push search (this may appear as a magnifying glass).
5. Enter your Wi-Fi password.
6. Instead of pushing + and -, push the two outside buttons to factory reset the device. You can verify this happened when the time is reverted back to 12:00 am.
7. Push Next on the app.
8. If the Wi-Fi symbol is flashing press yes. If it isn't, hold down the two outside buttons to factory reset again.
9. The app may say it failed, but you will be able to tell if the device is connected by the time and date updating on the display unit and the Wi-Fi symbol will stop flashing.
Click on the article below to connect to the app via SoftAP.
La Crosse View App: Wi-Fi Connection via SoftAP – La Crosse Technology