La Crosse View App: Wi-Fi Connection via Smart Config
The following troubleshooting steps should assist in getting your unit connected.
Please make sure you have the latest version of the La Crosse View app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Confirm that your mobile device is connected to a 2.4 GHz (802.11 b/g/n) Wi-Fi band before trying to connect your station to the La Crosse View app. The station itself cannot utilize the 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands that dual-band and mesh routers offer.
Open the La Crosse View app. Go to Menu -> Connect Wi-Fi. Follow the on-screen prompts to configure the Wi-Fi on your display.
Other tips/tricks if you are still not able to connect to Wi-Fi:
- Enable or connect to a single, separate 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Confirm that the network password being used is correct by going into the Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device, forget the network you are connected to and then re-connect.
- Restart your mobile device and attempt connecting again.
- Try connecting using a different mobile device.
- Try resetting your router.
- If you have a mesh router, turn off all the router's satellites, leaving only the main hub turned on. Take your mobile device as far away from your router as possible. once out of the range of the 5 GHz frequency, disconnect and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.